IPEVO Cookies Policy
Last Updated: 
- 1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your computer's hard drive. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the Cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A Cookie also may contain information about your computer, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using our services. Web beacons (also called pixel tags or clear GIFs) are another type of data collection technology. A web beacon is computer code that enables us to monitor user activity and website audience.
Cookies help us improve the Sites and your experience thereon by customizing your experience, helping us analyze usage, technical and browsing metrics as well as detecting and preventing fraud.
Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us any personally identifiable information other than your IP address. However, they may store personal data that you provide us via the web forms. You may voluntarily de-activate and/or eliminate cookies by following your Internet browser’s instructions.
- 3. WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DOES IPEVO USE
The Site uses both first-party Cookies (which are set by the websites being visited) and third-party Cookies (which are set by a server located outside the domain of the website being visited):
- First-party Cookies are placed on the Sites, Products and/or Services directly by IPEVO. For example, we use first-party Cookies to adapt our Sites to your preferences and to secure your use of the Sites.
- Third-party Cookies are placed on the Sites, Products and/or Services by our third-party business partners and service providers. For example, we use third-party Cookies to analyze the audience on our Sites.
We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device until you delete them). To make it easier for you to understand why we need them, the Cookies we use on our Sites and Products can be grouped into the following categories:
- b) Performance and Functionality Cookies: These Cookies are used to enable certain additional functionality on our Sites, such as storing your preferences (e.g. username and language selection) and preventing users from taking the same survey multiple times. This functionality improves user experience.
- c) Social Media Cookies: Social media Cookies collect information about social media usage.
- d) Analytical or Customization Cookies: Analytics Cookies collect information about your use of the Sites, and enable us to improve the way the Sites work. For example, analytics Cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on the Sites and help us record any difficulties you have with the Sites. This allows us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Sites, rather than the usage of a single person. We use this information to analyze the Sites’ traffic and usage.
- e) Targeting Cookies: These Cookies are used to deliver relevant information related to our Products and Services to an identified machine or other device (not a named or otherwise identifiable person) which has previously been used to visit our Sites. Some of these types of Cookies on our Sites are operated by third parties with our permission and are used to identify advertising sources that are effectively driving customers to our Sites.
- 4. COOKIES SET BY THIRD PARTY SITES
To enhance our content and to deliver a better online experience for our users, we sometimes embed images and videos from other websites on the Sites. We currently use, and may in future use content from sites such as YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. You may be presented with Cookies from these third-party websites. Please note that we do not control these Cookies. The privacy practices of these third parties will be governed by the parties’ own privacy statements or policies. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties, using Cookies or other means. You should consult and review the relevant third-party privacy statement or policy for information on how these Cookies are used and how you can control them.
- 5. SOCIAL SHARING
We also embed social sharing icons throughout our Sites. These sharing options are designed to enable users to easily share content from our Sites with their friends using a variety of different social networks. If you choose to connect using a social networking or similar service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to enable you to log in and other information that you may choose to share when you connect with these services. These services may collect information such as the web pages you visited and IP addresses, and may set Cookies to enable features to function properly. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to the third-party services you connect to, use, or access. If you do not want your personal data shared with your social media account provider or other users of the social media service, please do not connect your social media account with your account for the Services and do not participate in social sharing on the Services.
- 6 OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
IPEVO web pages may use other technologies such as web beacons to help deliver Cookies on our Sites and count users who have visited those Sites. We also may include web beacons in our promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether you open and act on them as well as for statistical purposes.
- 7. HOW TO CONTROL AND DELETE COOKIES
Cookies can be controlled, blocked or restricted through your web browser settings. Information on how to do this can be found within the Help section of your browser. All Cookies are browser specific. Therefore, if you use multiple browsers or devices to access websites, you will need to manage your cookie preferences across these environments.
If you are using a mobile device to access the Sites, you will need to refer to your instruction manual or other help/settings resource to find out how you can control Cookies on your device.
Please note: If you restrict, disable or block any or all Cookies from your web browser or mobile or other device, the Sites may not operate properly, and you may not have access to our Products and Services available through the Sites. IPEVO shall not be liable for any impossibility to use the Sites, Products and Services or degraded functioning thereof, where such are caused by your settings and choices regarding Cookies.
- 8. CHANGES TO THIS COOKIES POLICY
We may update this Cookies Policy based upon evolving laws, regulations and industry standards, or as we may make changes to our business including our Sites, Products and Services. We will post changes to our Cookies Policy on this page and encourage you to review our Cookies Policy when you use our Sites, Products or Services to stay informed. If you disagree with the changes to this Cookies Policy, you should discontinue your use of the Sites, Products and/or Services. By continuing to use our Sites after such revisions are in effect, you will be deemed to accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by them.
- 9. CONTACT
If you have any questions or would like to enquire about IPEVO’s Cookies practices and this Cookies Policy, please direct all correspondence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.